Praca: Investment Manager (hubraum)
hubraum is the tech incubator of Deutsche Telekom. By bringing early-stage startups and the leading European telco together, hubraum strives to ignite innovation transfer to create new business opportunities for both sides. Since 2012 hubraum connects with its digital ecosystem out of Berlin, Krakow and Tel Aviv.
A core part of the hubraum activities is our dedicated early-stage investment fund. We invest in the best startups to create future partner companies of Deutsche Telekom – in topics like 5G, IoT, VR/AR, SmartCity, and other relevant applications we have not even thought about. We predominantly invest in companies within the geographical footprint of Deutsche Telekom and with a strong focus on Europe and Israel. The investment ticket is typically €100-300k.
We are looking for an experienced investment manager with technology or business background to be a part of our international investment team. The ideal candidate is able to independently steer the whole investment process from sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing investments – with an emphasis on Central and Eastern Eurpoeanstartups, but also able to do deals internationally.
This is a full time position. Location of job is in Warsaw or Krakow (T-Mobile HQ/hubraum Krakow). It can also be partially remote.
The position may require frequent traveling to hubraum locations in Berlin and Krakow as well as visits to startups and investment partners (whenever possible due to global pandemic limitations).
- Independently steer the whole investment process from sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing investments – with an emphasis on Eastern European startups, but also able to do deals internationally
- Build strong relationships with ecosystem of start-ups, Investors, Business Angels, Accelerators/Incubators, etc..
- Take part in industry and community events and represent hubraum brand and program
- Source global dealflow and investment opportunities , find co-/follow-on investors
- Qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions
- Prepare materials for internal decision meetings, assist with closing administration
- Coordinate the execution of legal & transaction documentation
- Prepare commentary & other investment information/reports for review meetings
- Coordinate portfolio of existing investments, support portfolio companies in developing their business and gaining follow-on financing
- Take care of post-investment monitoring & governance (eg shareholder meetings, board representation)
- Have University degree & technology or business background;
- Have min. 3-5 years of working experience with track record in venture capital, as a start-up founder or management consulting;
- Have advanced venture capital and startup development knowledge;
- Have deep technology knowledge and strategic acumen, well informed about market trends and key players
- Have advanced financial & transactional experience in early stage venturing
- Have advanced experience in portfolio/post-investment monitoring and governance roles
- Have excellent networking skills, strong existing relationships with early stage investors
- Have strong and professional communication and presentation skills, fluent English
- Are a quick thinker, results driven, used to work in agile projects and with few resource