Praca: Data Scientist
We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
This is a role working for a great company who promote from within. The role will grow and allow the Data Scientist to get involved with cutting edge tools and projects in the ever-emerging field of Data Science. As a Data Scientist, you will get involved in a wide mix of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence, this will include looking at key metrics across projects and the wider business, coming to conclusions and communicating them to senior management.
This is a company that generates, and processes millions of data points every day - so you will not get bored.
The role day to day:
- Gathering, structuring and cleansing of data into cloud Data-bases and building out advanced BI visuals and statistical analysis.
- Building statistical models and analysing outputs to improve ways of working and Business processes.
- Directly supporting the European Project Services Team with their Business-critical initiatives and facilitate their successful initiation, delivery and implementation.
- Working closely with your Business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making.
- BSc diploma or equivalent in Mathematics/ Physics or another relevant field AND/OR MSc in Data Science/Business Analytics.
- Knowledge of basic financial terms and methodologies (advanced knowledge can be taught in house).
- 2-3 years of experience in Data Science field.
- Experience in Database interrogation and analysis tools, such as SQL, Hadoop and SAS.
- Experience of data quality and data cleansing techniques.
- Experience in statistical software/ languages – specifically R or Python.
- Deep knowledge and a wide range of statistical and analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of Supervised ML techniques: Decision Tree, Random Forest, KNN, Logistic Regression etc.
- Curiosity - Perhaps most importantly in this Data Scientist role will be an inquisitive mind. You will be working alongside all disciplines of our experienced teams of project professionals looking to generate new insights and challenge current ways of thinking.