Praca: Lead Software Engineer [rekrutacja online]
Our team is developing complex systems, which operate on vast amounts of data and are used by thousands of Nokia employees worldwide.
If you have experience in working with big data sets, using modern technologies to collect and integrate data from various sources, finding not obvious insights from collected data – join us – we love working with data and so should you!
As a Lead Software Engineer you will provide technical guidance to the development team, propose solutions that satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements and you will take ownership of projects realized within the team. You will have a key role in shaping the way our products are developed and in making those products run smoothly every day.
We work with:
- Python and/or Scala for data processing
- Large datasets stored in various databases (blob: HDFS+Parquet, S3; PostgreSQL; MongoDB)
- Airflow for data pipelines orchestration
- Kubernetes / Docker for containerization
- Selected BIs for data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, or equivalent education
- 5+ years’ experience in development, deployment and maintenance of scalable, cloud-native distributed systems
- Good Python knowledge (even better if combined with data libs: pandas, NumPy)
- Knowledge of Scala is a plus, interest in learning Scala is key!
- Familiarity with Apache Spark and column-oriented data formats (parquet / orc)
- Familiarity with partitioning, indexing and retention strategies
- Good knowledge of SQL in the context of working with > 1mln rows tables
- Ability to work with HDFS and S3 storages
- Nice to have: Azure in the context of data processing (data bricks, adls, data factory, synapse)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken
- Strong communication and teamwork skill
Don’t know all the technologies listed? We don’t mind if you’re a quick study!
Don’t see a technology you love? Tell us why we should know about it!