Praca: Network Hydraulic Modeller / Specjalista ds. modelowania sieci
We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Join our team in Kraków and be part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team of experienced flood modellers, hydrologists, and GIS specialists. You will have the chance to perform hydraulic/hydrologic modelling for projects related to drinking water distribution networks, wastewater collection networks, storm water drainage, sustainable drainage systems (SuDS), river channels, reservoirs, and other water-related infrastructure, in different spatial scales: local, regional and country-wide. You will cooperate with international project teams and support the development of life-changing solutions that improve communities across Poland, the United Kingdom, and many other countries. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your theoretical knowledge and practical skills in an exceptional and supportive team-atmosphere.
On this position you will:
- Undertake hydraulic and hydrologic modelling on projects related to drinking water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm water management, ensuring models meet the needs of clients
- Be responsible for processing spatial and model results in GIS standards
- Communicate modelling outputs to internal and external clients
- Develop your skills in programming and data management
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental/Earth Sciences or other closely related field
- Master’s degree or 2 years of professional experience would be a plus
- A keen interest in working with 1d and 2d modelling software and the application of industry standard GIS software
- An awareness and understanding of water-resource engineering principles and of modeling limitations, especially related to the hydraulic behavior of free-surface and pressurized flows
- An eagerness to acquire new modelling and technical skills, and to improve on existing ones
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Full time employment contract with flexible working hours
- Private medical care and dental coverage in LuxMed for employees and their families
- Life insurance and PPK plan in Generali
- Flexible benefit package: My benefit portal (Multisport card, vouchers and more)
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Personal and professional development opportunities (language courses, BIM academy)
- Recruitment process will be organized online