Praca: R&D Senior HW Electronics Engineer in HVDC
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
Over 60 years ago, Hitachi ABB Power Grids introduced a new way of transmitting electricity across long distances with minimum losses – High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC). HVDC technology can now deliver up to 12 gigawatts of power at voltage levels of up to 1,100 kV, covering distances of more than 3,000 kilometers.
You will contribute significantly to successful results in the heart of HVDC station: Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™), which’s part of Grids Integration business, cooperating with global teams across the globe. Reporting to Mariusz Wojcik, you will utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development to identify and implement innovative solutions. Be part of a cross-functional Agile team.
- Participate in the full development process of new hardware platform for HVDC Control & Protection system (robust design, analog/digital electronics, high speed, optoelectronics, gate drivers, power electronics…)
- Conceptual design of hardware platform based on requirements
- Participation in simulations, schematics and layout
- Prototyping, validation and testing
- Preparing and managing technical documentation
- Cooperation with international teams under Agile/SAFe methodology
- Living Hitachi ABB Power Grids’ core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- At least Master degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 6 years’ hardware design experience of analog and digital circuits
- Practical knowledge of hardware design process and tools (e.g. SPICE, Altium, PADS, CADSTAR…)
- Experience with laboratory equipment and circuit boards testing
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
- Medical insurance