Praca: Senior Project Accountant
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Senior Project Accountant, you will be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. With a great combination of comprehensive accounting knowledge, skillful specialists and commitment to company’s success, Project Accounting is the crucial part of Jacobs finance functions. Our role is to build a bridge between clients’ satisfaction and financial aspects of project delivery. Under the umbrella of accounting principles, we help our project managers to complete project milestones and support Operations Teams in achieving global and regional targets.
- Maintains project setup and project close in appropriate manner to ensure completeness and accuracy of project’s evidence
- Prepares client invoices in accordance with the contract terms
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances and all other financial aspects, prepares specialized reports and accounting data analysis
- Prepares various journal entries such as: revenue adjustments, cost accruals, provision for loss
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Unbilled and Unearned items, DSO
- Follows company policies, procedures and US GAAP, statutory requirements and SOX controls
- Effectively communicates with the project team during the entire life cycle of the project and provides continuous support and guidance
- Liaises with other departments, clients and outside vendors to resolve cross-functional matters
- Ensures that all deadlines are met
- Participates in internal and external audits
- Submits recommendations for improvements and actively participates in company’s initiatives in this area (process, procedures, systems and controls improvements)
- Pro-actively provides work leadership and shares broad accounting knowledge to co-workers on complex assignments, projects or tasks
- Masters degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent experience
- At least five years of professional accounting experience, preferably within an international business environment (Project Accounting background will be a strong asset)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience with ERP systems, especially Oracle Financials
- Very good MS Excel knowledge (working knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications will be an asset)
- Advanced analytical skills, accuracy and focus on details
- Problem-solving thinking, solution-based and can-do attitude
- Effective time and tasks management skills
- Strong commitment to self-development and continuous-learning
- Collaborative approach
- Willingness to support different time zones will be an asset (approx. 3-5 days per month on late shifts till 22.00)
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport activities)
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package (e.g. private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card, car park sharing system, bicycle parking, fruits)
- Personal development opportunities, including but not limited to, a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA), post-graduate studies, English lessons
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely based on business requirements
Jacobs is ACCA Approved Employer!
The ACCA Approved Employer Programme recognises employers’ high standards of staff training and development. We have proved our organisation is committed to ensuring ACCA students, affiliates and members have the right skills, ethics and competences to add value and drive the business forward.