Praca: System Engineer - Call Processing [rekrutacja online]
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
For our Dimetra portfolio in the TETRA market there are new and exciting business opportunities. These opportunities require the solution to have flexible expansion and deployment capabilities and open for integration with other technologies such as PTT over LTE. All of that will have to work flawlessly in mission-critical communication work environments. Technology areas involved are: real-time communication applications (with message processing under strict KPIs, that may exercise functional programming), network management tools, deployment platform optimizations, transport network design and Cyber Security.
The solution also involves integration with 3rd party vendor products. Therefore the focus will be also on specification and control of integration points, efficient end-to-end validation and fast-paced startup-like cooperation with the partners.
The project will be executed in a fully agile way, with a lot of prototyping, continuous integration and collaboration with all involved parties. A lot of hard technical challenges are expected and that is why we are after creative minds who can help solve these problems and come up with innovative ideas.
We have a team of highly skilled System Engineers and System Architects working on next generation public safety communication systems. Our team members are across Europe (Poland, Denmark). We are working on Public Safety Tetra and LTE systems and providing mission critical applications and O&M (Operations and Maintenance) subsystems.
We are building end to end solutions, starting from defining solution proposals, defining use cases, creating designs and specifications. Engineers will have opportunities to travel and participate in activities at other Motorola Solutions facilities.
For the project we are looking for a System Engineer/System Architect that will be part of our team that designs mission critical systems. Your responsibility will be to work with our business team and other architects to define solutions for our telecommunication systems. You will be working closely with development teams in Krakow but also with our third party vendors and project teams for specific customer projects.
- 5+ experience with System Engineering/Architecture, preferably in the domain of real-time call and message processing systems (e.g. IP-based voice communication).
- Experience with requirements specification/analysis/decomposition, but also an ability to drive the project through the whole development lifecycle (from formulation to deployment).
- Work with business level stakeholders as the upstream and R&D teams as the downstream, also with external vendors.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Drive and initiative to define and implement end-to-end system features (solutions).
- Self-motivated and quick learner.
- Good communications skills in written and spoken english
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Effective dealing with change, ability to decide and act without having the total picture
- Ability to bring creative ideas (own and of others) to market
- Ability to accurately anticipate future consequences of potential solutions, hidden problems and risks
- Good presentation skills and ability to present/summarize pros and cons for different options and future scenarios
- Practical experience with technologies like Erlang/Elixir, background in low level C/C++ programming.
- Practical experience in designing the data exchange protocols, running between multiple systems.
- Focus on real-time communication KPIs, throughput and performance related aspects of the systems, high availability (both from architecture/design and validation perspective).
- Familiarity with SIP protocol.
- Knowledge of telecommunication standards (in particular - 3GPP Rel14+ MCPTT/MCx, ETSI TETRA, etc.) would be a plus.
- Innovative thinking backed with patents and publications would be a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile software development concepts