Praca: System Engineering - Network Management [rekrutacja online]
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
For our Dimetra portfolio in the TETRA market there are new and exciting business opportunities. These opportunities require the solution to have flexible expansion and deployment capabilities and open for integration with other technologies such as PTT over LTE. All of that will have to work flawlessly in mission-critical communication work environments. Technology areas involved are: real-time communication applications (with message processing under strict KPIs, that may exercise functional programming), network management tools, deployment platform optimizations, transport network design and Cyber Security.
The solution also involves integration with 3rd party vendor products. Therefore the focus will be also on specification and control of integration points, efficient end-to-end validation and fast-paced startup-like cooperation with the partners.
The project will be executed in a fully agile way, with a lot of prototyping, continuous integration and collaboration with all involved parties. A lot of hard technical challenges are expected and that is why we are after creative minds who can help solve these problems and come up with innovative ideas.
We have a team of highly skilled System Engineers and System Architects working on next generation public safety communication systems. Our team members are across Europe (Poland, Denmark). We are working on Public Safety Tetra and LTE systems and providing mission critical applications and O&M (Operations and Maintenance) subsystems.
We are building end to end solutions, starting from defining solution proposals, defining use cases, creating designs and specifications. Engineers will have opportunities to travel and participate in activities at other Motorola Solutions facilities.
For the project we are looking for a System Engineer/System Architect that will be part of our team that designs mission critical systems. Your responsibility will be to work with our business team and other architects to define solutions for our telecommunication systems. You will be working closely with development teams in Krakow but also with our third party vendors and project teams for specific customer projects.
- 5+ experience with System Engineering/Architecture including Software Architecture and design, especially in the area of system management frameworks and tools (BSS/OSS/EMS levels, FCAPS, etc.).
- Experience with requirements specification/analysis/decomposition
- Work with business level stakeholders as the upstream and R&D teams as the downstream
- Experience with data models, databases and client/server applications.
- Familiarity with Network Management and Identity protocols (eg. SNMP, SCIM, RedFish, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Drive and initiative to define and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated and quick learner.
- Good communications skills in written and spoken english
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Effective dealing with change, ability to decide and act without having the total picture
- Ability to bring creative ideas (own and of others) to market
- Ability to accurately anticipate future consequences of potential solutions, hidden problems and risks
- Good presentation skills and ability to presentsummarize pros and cons for different options and future scenarios
- Knowledge of design notation (UML, MSC etc.)
- Background/experience in client/server application development (and Java or .NET app ecosystems).
- Experience with OSS/BSS (Operation Support Subsystem/ Business Support Systems)
- Knowing MoM/NOC type of solutions and frameworks would be a plus.
- Experience in architecting and designing NBI APIs (preferably REST-like),
- Experience in integration of multiple subsystems (coming from different vendors), enabling data exchange, data migration, etc.
- Windows and Linux systems knowledge/experience.
- Network and application security design
- Knowledge of IP transport networks and routing
- Knowledge of other telecommunication standards (3GPP MCx, ETSI TETRA) would be a plus
- Innovative thinking backed with patents and publications would be a plus
- Familiarity and experience with Agile software development concepts
- Competitive salary package
- Strong team-oriented culture
- Flexible working hours
- Contract of employment
- Comfortable work conditions (high-class offices, parking space)
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office
- Lots of sports activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.
- Private medical & dental coverage
- Life insurance
- 8 hours working day (30 minutes lunch break included)
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events
- Trainings and broad development opportunities
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate