Praca: Video Solutions - Technical Lead for Cloud Services
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, (https://www.avigilon.com/) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems. Avigilons solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
As a Technical Lead on the Avigilon Cloud Services team in Krakow, you will help us architect and build new features, enhance our existing software, tools, and experiences to help delight our customers by extending our application capabilities and enhancing the existing AI technologies we use. You will help design and build new APIs, web services, and microservices while supporting the worldwide operations of our cloud-based security solutions.
We are seeking engineers who are passionate about distributed computing and who want to build large scale data platforms. As we transmit video and other situational information in real-time from our clients’ devices to their command centers, we turn this data into actionable intelligence that helps to keep people safe. If you’re someone who has developed Java or Microsoft .NET applications, come join our team!
- MSc or BSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years commercial experience writing code in a high-level programming language (i.e. C#, Java, or similar)
- Experience with RESTful APIs used with web browsers, mobile applications, and back-end servers
- Knowledge of SQL queries to manipulate data in a database
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, and coding skills
- Practical knowledge of data structures, algorithms and software design
- Communicative English
- Experience developing and deploying web services on cloud based infrastructure (e.g. Azure or AWS) on a large scale supporting at least 5,000 simultaneous users
- Experience building Microsoft Windows applications using Visual Studio and have written unit tests using MSTest or NUnit
- Used tools and written scripts to manage continuous deployment and integration, monitor usage and troubleshooting
- Experience developing applications that handle video data is a plus
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get: competitive salary package, private medical & dental coverage, life insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible working hours, strong collaborative culture, comfortable work conditions (high-class offices, parking space), volleyball field and grill place next to the office, access to wellness facilities and integration events as well as trainings and broad development opportunities.